Sunday, March 25, 2012

RIPALLENWOODY!!

Before i jmpd into indie hiphop sales/distribution in me early days of becoming a professional (in whtever regard of tht word) i worked for EVILTEEN RECORDS with one of my best friends Paul Mathew Seff, Warren Hayes and his Wife Steph (Goverment Mules Manager) owned the label i did it all.. me and Paul worked like craze and put all our lives into the label such was life back then i only worked for people who's music i believed in (something that transltd to the rest of my life in sooo many ways) and because of that i made no money at indie labels for years.. this was different this was basically me and paul running a label for someone full time all the time everything u could imagine we did two people pushing for the greatest of things.. I had my dreams literally come tru during those times i got 2 meet my idols in music from doing a record with africa bam 2 smoking weed with warren hayes who killed it when he was in the ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND. phil lesh,john popper, all the kings of blues and rock i got to know them personally.. then thr was Allen Woody the man had the heart of a GOD! always went out of his way 2 make me and paul feel the appreciation that he had for our hard work.. Woody was probably one of the greatest most caring people i ever met i felt i was a part of his life and he mine phone conversations about his ex wife and jokes on everything under the son.. Miss u Allen having met u made my life greater.. and your music lives forever.. my days of working in music are way in the past but i invested so much of my life in music and making it so bands/artist got the light they deserved and pushing something i felt so strongly about resonates still in who i am.. i thank all the labels i worked for and all the musicians who trusted me with there lives.. till we all meet again..

No comments: